The real estate business is a competitive land. Every agent wants to shout louder than the next and with internet savvy customers now in charge of their own research, every brand is clamouring for market share.
Property is no different to other competitive industries, so winning the hearts and minds of your customers at the start of their decision making process is essential.
So how do you make sure your property agency stands out from the rest? What will make your clients think of you first when they want to buy or sell?
Here are some top tips to inform your property PR strategy:
1. Remember that how people buy has changed. Instead of looking to a personal recommendation from a trusted friend or contact, (albeit still one of the most powerful introductions), customers now take to google, your website, review sites, blog posts and social media recommendations to inform their decision. To make sure you stand out amongst all that noise, ensure you are playing the game on the right channels and with relevant messages for your audience.
2. Let people see you are human and not just a logo. If people buy people, let your customers see the human stories behind your brand. Show them happy customers, fulfilled staff at work, give them some behind the scenes insight. Instagram for example, with its photo led feed, is an excellent way to do this. With over 14million UK users and over 300million worldwide, we believe it’s highly underused by the property industry.
3. Look at other sectors for inspiration. The property industry can become a vacuum for ideas when it comes to marketing, so make sure your branding agency works across other sectors to ensure ideas are fresh and relevant for today’s buyer. At Wrapped, we often take our inspiration from consumer brands – from retail to food and from healthcare to travel. Inspiration is everywhere.
4. Create a brand identity that your target audience can identify with. Take a long hard look (again) at your logo and your marketing materials. Are they up to date? What do they say about your business? Do they reflect your vision and values? What brands does your target generation of customers look to? What are your customers’ ‘pain points’ and how can you make life better / easier for them? For example, branding an assisted living scheme to the older generation will need a different approach to positioning a new shopping centre that targets young families.
As a property and retail marketing agency, before we produce any creative work we always conduct thorough research into the target customer. Design should be appealing for that audience, values should chime with them to differentiate what you do. Sometimes it comes down to reassurance through professional imagery, a look and feel of a design that resonates with your customers, or brochures and a website that sell an overall concept or ideal that people can buy in to.
5. Use PR, social media and blogging rto your advantage. Be the one who’s well connected – on and offline. Whether it’s via traditional PR coverage in the press or commenting, liking and sharing other property experts’ views on social media. Posting your own regular blogs, hints, tips and updates empowers you to communicate directly with those searching for helpful articles online.
Try offering your potential buyers useful and useable information and build trust with them, ready for when they want to make a purchase. We often help clients to enhance their online profile with well researched and edited blog posts, visual designs such as infographics and information rich videos, keeping them high up the search rankings and top of mind for customers seeking advice.
Creating campaigns that inspire trust, provoke an emotional reaction or simply delight your customers with aspirational design and big ideas can really help you to cut through all the noise in the UK real estate market.
Wrapped focuses on creating aspirational brands and campaigns that win over your buyers’ hearts and minds. From creating new visual identities for developments, to customer led campaigns both on and offline, we help guide our clients through the process of telling a cohesive, strategic story about their property brand to opinion formers, buyers and investors, wherever they are.
To discuss your real estate marketing needs please contact Rachel Clark on 07557 400973.